Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Three...

This is the third day in a row that has been fantastic.  Last night I texted a few people to see if they wanted to come boating at Willard Bay with Savannah Combe, Megan Moulding, my mom, and me.  Carianne Hirano had to work, or she would have come, and I didn't get a text back from anyone else, so I figured it was just going to be the four of us.  I was excited anyways, because sometimes it isn't as fun with big groups.

In the morning my mom and I got up and went to Smith and Edwards for some candy, two life jackets, and a tow rope.  When I got back my mom got a call on her cell phone from Ryan Taylor for me.  He had tried to call me on my cell phone, but I didn't have it on me; it was charging in my room.  He wanted to know what time we were headed out to go boating, because he wanted to come.  After I got off the phone with him I had to call him back because I forgot to tell him that his brother, Nick, could come too, if he wanted.  Meanwhile, I got a text from Megan saying she was going to be at Weber State University most of the day and wasn't going to be able to come.

Everything was okay, though, because Ryan and Nick were coming, which made up for the missing person plus one.  My mom and I were going to make sandwiches with the jalepeno cheddar bread and honey smoked turkey I bought on monday, but my dad had eaten all but one piece of the turkey, so we went to subway and got three footlong subs to take along with us for lunch.  We got back and started packing everything, and finished just in time; Savannah showed up and then Ryan and Nick.  We put things on the boat that we needed, and then after my mom found the truck keys that she lost and I locked up the house, we were off to the Bay.

When we got out on the Bay, Savannah and I started off the fun on the tube.  We had a couple of good biffs and had a lot of fun, ending the ride with jumping off the tube.  Then Nick and Savannah went.  Savannah is very exuberant, so it is always an adventure to ride the tube with her.  When Ryan, my mom, and I were talking about it, I looked up and said, "You know, I can't tell if Nick is enjoying himself with Savannah, or bearing it."  Right then Nick had a strange look on his face and waved at Ryan followed by Savannah slapping Nick on the back.  We laughed hard.  It couldn't have been more perfect timing.

I think after all this we ate lunch.  Ryan had brought not fully ripe plums with him.  They were amazingly good.  I couldn't imagine eating them any other way.  Also, I found out that Ryan loves one of my favorite candies: Nerd Ropes!  He joked that he was just like a Nerd Rope---sour on the outside and sweet on the inside.  It made me smile.

Next I went kneeboarding.  It was my first time of the year, and so I didn't go as long as usual.  However, it was fun swerving in and out of the wake and trying to turn a 360.  I only got as far as a 180 before I turned back the way I had come.  After I got off Ryan and Lisa (my mom), and I went swimming for awhile, which ended when we talked Ryan into riding the tube.  His hand got cut up pretty bad on the job while he was in Virginia, so he didn't know if riding the tube would rip the cut back open or not.  It didn't rip open, though, while he and I rode the tube.  We both fell off once, and then I just fell off all of the other times.  The last time I fell off, Nick and Savannah tried to pull me up on the bow of the boat from the water so that we could just go with Ryan on the back in hopes to throw him off the tube.  I couldn't get up.  I still believe that had a lot to do with my life jacket.

So, after those shenanigans Nick and Savannah rode again.  This time I mainly just rode in the bow with my eyes closed, with Ryan at the back of the boat doing the same thing.  When they were done tubing we went back into the marina.  Altogether, we probably boated for about four and a half hours.  We went between talking and singing the songs on the radio on the way home.

Throughout the entire trip Savannah was convinced that Ryan was trying to kill her, and said he had tried four times.  I did see him successfully push her off the boat into the water once.  So, mainly she talked to Nick and tried to avoid Ryan.  That made me laugh, because she kept trying to bring me into the middle of it by unknowingly insulting him.  I caught on quickly.

Even though the day isn't all the way over, and I did promise Savannah that I'd go to swing dancing with her, I know that the day is going to end well.  Once again, I am amazed at how well this week has gone. So, if the rest of the week doesn't go as well as the last three days, I won't complain, because if some mediocre or bad days are the price of three amazing ones, I'm willing to pay it.

No comments:

Post a Comment