Monday, August 9, 2010

The Adventures of Megan, Becky, and Chelsea

When I was in high school I never really went on a bunch of group outings, but there's one that I still laugh at today that I thought I would share.  Across the Universe had been out in theaters for a few weeks, and so Becky Maw, Megan Moulding, and I decided we would go see it together.  We stopped at the bank for Becky to get some cash out, and I remembered that I had forgotten mine!  Since I was driving, they said that they would pay for me and it would go towards what they would have given me for gas money.  We never got to the movie theater, though.

We were going to the Megaplex 13 at the Junction, and Becky and I insisted that you had to drive down Harrison to get there, not Washington.  Megan kept telling us it was down Washington, but we didn't listen.  The two against one came into play.  By the time we realized that Megan was right, the movie had already been playing for twenty minutes.  So, for an alternative activity we went to Cafe Villa Bella across from Weber State University.  It was around 4:30 PM, and yet Becky and Megan both had frappuccinos (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly).  I had a caesar salad.

The caffeine made those two really hyper, so when we stopped at Rita's bakery and got some yummy mexican pastries for dessert, they went to those little quarter machines and got some mini figurine catholic saints.  I don't even remember how many they bought, but I do remember that one of them got Jesus, and when I was driving they fought over who got the Jesus figurine in the back of my car.  Well, Becky was in the back and Megan was in the front, so they fought each other for it sort of in the middle of the car.  I laughed the whole way home, and I remember all the laughter and hullaballoo that went on while they were on that caffeine high in my car.  It was a good thing that I hadn't had any caffeine, or I don't know that we would have made it home alive.

It seems that every outing I had through high school had this similar pattern: someone was high on something, whether caffeine, sugar, or dry erase markers.  Good times, I tell you, good times.  Oh, and I do believe that Megan ended up with the figurine Jesus, and that it sits next to Buddha in her car.  I think she has a picture of them together on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment