Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Expectations

Just ten minutes ago I was upset at my computer, because the mouse froze.  It only took me approximately three minutes to reboot it, but there I was, frustrated that the item I wanted to use wouldn't work just when I wanted it to.  In the middle of being frustrated, I stopped myself, and came to the realization that if I live my life wanting to get things right now, then I'll end up with nothing to show for it in the end.

Everything takes time.  Back when I was little and there was only dial up internet I never complained at the time it took to view a webpage, or if my mouse froze, I would never be worried that I was wasting time by having to reboot things.  Back when, oh I miss back when.  I need to get back to that somehow.  Looking at my life, back then I didn't worry about having relationships appear right when I wanted them.  Things take time, and I need to quit being so demanding upon what I get for my time.

I can want a relationship with a guy I'm interested in, but I should want said relationship to take time to develop.  There are plenty of girls who expect a kiss/make out session on the first date.  I don't want to be one of those girls.  There are plenty of girls that just want a relationship for the physical benefits.  I don't want to be one of those girls.  There are plenty of girls that just lead guys on.  I don't want to be one of those girls.

I want to be as perfect as I can be for the guy that is a perfect gentleman for me.  A girl can't ask for more than that.  If the guy comes up to the door to get you and meet your parents, asks when to have you home, opens doors for you, pays for the entire date, walks you to your door after the date is over, and only gives you a hug, be grateful for the hug, and don't read into it that he doesn't want to date you again.  Be grateful that he isn't trying to take advantage of you by kissing you on the first date.  For heaven sakes, he doesn't even know you well enough yet to know if he wants to make that commitment!  Because girls, we all know that a kiss is a commitment.  It means that you should spend more time with that guy, that you are "his girl."

It may sound cheesy, but it is like that country song that goes, "There might be a little dust on the bottle, but don't let it fool ya, about what's inside.  Oh!  There might be a little dust on the bottle, but it's one of those things that gets sweeter with time."  For those of you who have never heard this song, which I don't think anyone hasn't, but you never know, it came out in 1994 and was sung by David Lee Murphy.  I'll post the video.  I've decided that it has to be one of my favorite all time country songs, just for the truth it speaks.

1 comment:

  1. i love this; great insight that all of us can relate to :) keep waitin for that gentleman--he is out there.

    ReplyDelete