Monday, August 9, 2010

I Did IT!!!!

The IT in this post deserves capitalization, because I never thought I'd ever have the courage to ask the guy I like out on a date.  Laying here writing this, I still feel butterflies, which makes me excited, but also frustrated.  We went to the play They're Playing Our Song together tonight.  I asked him last minute, and he said yes.  He told me that I could ask him to come with me whenever I wanted, and to not be afraid to ask.  Good sign?

He smells so good.  Maybe next time I'll get the courage to ask him why his brother looks at me like he knows something about me that I don't know about myself, and then maybe, just maybe, with time, I'll let him know why I have a problem when it comes to Ashley.  I mentioned it tonight before he left when he told me not to let my friend make me afraid to ask him out; I just sort of blurted it and then he looked at me somewhat confused because I told him that it wasn't my friend that made me afraid to ask him out, it was her.

I enjoyed the play much more just because I could hear him laugh, and see that he was happy and enjoying himself.  I came home all smiles, and I know that it was ridiculously noticeable how happy I was, but I didn't care.  After nearly forgetting what being happy felt like, I think he is the key to helping me remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment