Monday, November 17, 2014

Miscellaneous

I'm officially hired at Weber State as an adjunct instructor. I have the fancy key card and everything. Now it's just figuring out what the heck I'm doing with the rest of my time before I teach, which will include figuring out what the heck I'm going to teach. Yikes!

Pomegranates are amazing this time of year. If you haven't had one, I suggest going and buying one right now and eating it. Fantastic stuff. I have one almost every other day anymore.

I went to Portland for a dance event with three other people. We drove. I like two of them. I really struggle not to hate the other girl, Annie. She takes pleasure in telling everyone all her "I'm a Mormon but a bartender" stories, and she also likes to tell all her, "I made out with this guy" stories. And on the way home she made a point to tell her "Jeremy tried to score with me but I turned him down" story. I mean, she didn't know that I had dated him (open-relationship style) so I don't know that she intentionally told me that to hurt me, but I get the feeling she did because she at least knows Jeremy and I are/were friends.

The two worst things are that when I talked to Jeremy about it, he didn't deny it. He didn't even correct her story. He just said, "Oh, so is that how she tells it? It's interesting, people's perceptions of events." So I know it happened. Secondly, back in July, Annie was talking about how things had gotten pretty awkward with Jeremy and she didn't know what was going to happen with him. JULY. I was seeing him in July. I understand that it was an open relationship, but I at least told him about the people I went out with. Open relationships have to function on honest communication about what's going on. Of course, we've already established that he isn't good at that. In the name of his privacy. Whatever.

But with the girl I absolutely can't stand? Seriously.

I have several friends who are what I would qualify as Mormon Whores; they make out with a lot of different people for fun and do lots of stuff just short of sex (which I don't always believe, either). Annie falls under that label. Nathan falls under that label. Hailey fell under that label until she was married. The idea here is that I want to establish that, friends or not, I am willing to label someone who gets around a lot under that label, and it doesn't mean that I dislike them. It just means that I think it's interesting that people condemn women more often than men for doing the same things, and I don't want people to think that I condemn Annie but not any other people, especially men, for doing the same thing.

So, when Jeremy says that he prefers lips with a little less mileage on them than Hailey's, I no longer believe him, because he went for Annie. Seriously, Annie?

Now, for a happier ending. My first Drag Blues class for my new blues lesson series, Bonafide Blues, went fantastically well. I'm more worried about the next two weeks, but we'll see how they go!

I got into the graduate class I really wanted to take: Witches and Magic. It counts as my British Literature requirement for my program. And, my directed reading focusing on the Blues has also been accepted. So, I get to take some awesome classes next semester on top of teaching. Woot woot!

(I've tried to start and end this with positive notes so I don't always have negative stuff on my blog)

1 comment:

  1. First off, your Witches and Magic class sounds like a lot of fun! I think it is awesome that you are teaching adjunct. I want to sit in on one of your classes!

    Second, okay, Annie. You are TOTALLY ALLOWED to hate her. No one wants to listen to someone else talk about how many people they date or have turned down, or anything. Let alone, listen to someone blab about that with someone you care about. Stupid. That is the kind of thing where it's like "wait, I thought I graduated high school??? why do people like you still exist?" Ugh. I'm sorry Kiki.

    ReplyDelete