Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Life at Chandell

I have officially moved into my room at the Chandell condo 885.  I'm only missing a few basics: a nightstand which would furnish a spot for my table lamp, scissors, a special USB cord that hooks into my printer (it didn't come with the printer for some reason), and some fabric softener.  All of these things can probably be fixed quickly, except for maybe the printer problem.  I've actually accomplished more in these last twenty four hours for school than I would have if I were to have stayed in Plain City.  Don't get me wrong, I love home, but the no distraction zone here at school allows me to focus on getting my class lessons done online, and offers more opportunities to go to cultural events for my honors program.  Speaking of which, I did today.  I went to the James Tissot Life of Christ exhibit at the MOA.  If anyone happens down here within the next month or so, make a point to go see that exhibit.  Even if you aren't Christian, it makes you appreciate Christianity.

So, here's what you've all been waiting for (Well, not really, but I can pretend, right?)!

This is my room when viewed walking into it.  I have a private master bedroom upstairs.  There really isn't much of a view from outside, so I didn't take a picture from the window.

My room is already gathering clutter.  At least the floor is clean of it, right?

Those two doors on either side of my printer are closets.  Yes, I have two closets.  Be envious.

This picture was taken mainly for me to be able to show off my friend Megan Moulding's awesomeness. She sends me postcards whenever she goes on vacation, so I have postcards from France and Spain.  More than 3/4 of what you see on this board is from her.  The other few tidbits are from Kit Fair, Shy Wardleigh, and my parents.

This is also a picture to credit Megan for awesomeness.  That coaster is the amazing present she got me from California.  I have already used it twice since I've been here.

Hopefully soon I will be able to get some roommate pictures, but that's not a guarantee.  I haven't even met one of my roommates yet, and she and her buddy room across the hallway from me!  Victoria, the freshman from San Diego, California, lives in the other private master bedroom downstairs.  Her dad owns the condo.  Now her, I might be able to get a picture of, just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment