Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mixed Feelings

There've been a lot of good things happening for me lately:


  • I got into the Blues Experiment
  • I'm working as a teacher at the college level and loving it.
  • I'm studying what I want to study: mainly blues and jazz music to get a better understanding of the dancing I love.
  • I'm teaching dance.
  • I'm getting work as a transcriber.
  • I'm crafting all sorts of things.
  • I'm getting to travel.
Things I'm worried about:

  • I've got a lot to do, and I feel that I don't have enough time to do it.
  • I get stressed dealing with people all of the time.
  • My relationships with people tend to suffer when I get things going well in my professional life.
  • I'm getting really tired and don't know when I'll have time to slow down.
  • I've already got to start thinking about if I want a PhD, and if I get it, where I want to apply.
  • How I'm going to manage the big papers I have to write with the little time I have.
Right now, I'll just go one day at a time. I get overwhelmed if I look ahead even just a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment