Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Unexpected Great Day

My roommate had boys over this morning at one.  Yes, one in the morning; I don't call anything after noonday morning.  Instead of going downstairs and ask what she thought she was doing (in much more inappropriate terms) I turned on a cd and went to sleep by drowning out the laughing, screaming, and shouting.  So, when I woke up again to my cell phone, it was ten o'clock.  I slept through my alarm.  My mom called me to see if I was coming home so we could go to lunch.  I hadn't been planning on it, because my brother and I are going to The Lion King thursday, so I thought that I would go to that and come home after the show.

However, I decided that I needed to help my mom with the grocery shopping for Bear Lake, and that required my going back up to Ogden.  It was worth it: Chinese food, choosing yummy food to eat over Labor Day, and a surprising visit from Ryan Taylor.  I guess he's been introducing my mom to that Xango stuff: he sells it.  Anyways, after that he and I went and visited a bunch of people in the Plain City 6th ward for the missionary council.  I was able to enjoy myself and not count how many times I used certain words in the conversation.  In other words, I was able to be a normal human being!  Which is nice, since when I talk to people I can rarely be that (yes, if I have known you for less than a year, I probably count how many times I use certain words, because it worries me that I sound repetitive in my speech).

We stopped at his house to get a brochure of some sort for my mom on a Xango product, and then headed back to my house for BLTs and sprite.  Really, I probably kept him longer than I should have at my house showing off my brother's senior year musical, The Wedding Singer, but I enjoyed it.  Hopefully he did.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, your roomate sounds annoying. BUT, I am happy that the rest of your day was good! I have been curious about that Xango stuff as well. It is the sponser for Real Salt Lake, afterall! Is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never tried it. Ryan says that it tastes pretty good and makes him feel much better than when he wasn't drinking a couple ounces of it daily. You'd have to check out his website. I'll have to ask him for it, though, since I don't remember the url.

    ReplyDelete