Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pain... It Makes Me Sleepy

Writing a letter to the First Presidency of the Church about why you should be granted a temple divorce is one of the worst things I've ever had to do.  It makes you relive why you left, and it generally brings a miserable feeling.  I hope no one I know ever has to do this.

After feeling considerably miserable (partly from the amount of pain I've been in from my fibromyalgia, but mostly from reliving my personal hell), it was time to go to Missionary Council.  Needless to say, I was considering not going.  However, I decided that it was necessary.  Ryan Taylor gave a spiritual thought about living in the world but not being of the world.  It was good, and by the end of the night, I was feeling quite better.

Then, when I got home, ate dinner, munched on snacks, and watched the Jazz win, I was back to being my happy self.  I think I might end the night off with some Red Dwarf.  I have to go shopping* tomorrow, so I'd better get myself some sleep before too long.

*Although I don't love shopping, I love driving to get to the shops.  Sometimes I just sit in the parking lot to finish listening to songs on the radio.  Also, I sometimes take longer routes to places so I can listen to my music a bit longer.  Music is my one major coping mechanism, up to the point that if there isn't any good music on, I'm annoyed at everything and everyone for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment