Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Christmas Kickoff

First off, this blizzard that everyone was talking about, it wasn't really more than a bad snow storm.  I wouldn't call it a blizzard; it didn't last long in Ogden, anyways.  We went to the Christmas Tree Jubilee Gala/Live Auction tonight.  We being my family, the Jensens, my dad's secretary Julie Carpenter, and Ryan Taylor.  It was really fun; my dad ended up spending $4000 on a Christmas tree.  I'm pretty sure that my mom is still in shock over it, as am I.   60,000 some odd dollars (probably add a couple thousand or so to that number) was raised (to help children with disabilities) with donations and the live auction alone, not counting the dinner, the silent auction, or the boutique sales.

Yeah, that's really all for tonight.  When I figure out where my dad is going to put that tree, I'll have to post pictures of it.  All the ornaments are handmade--carved--and the tree is sort of a free-hanging thing.  It doesn't rotate, but it moves back and forth, type of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment