Monday, November 8, 2010

When Rain Falls at BYU

I think I'm going to need to stay here in Provo before too long.  I had a good day here today, despite not being able to take my final today (which will be explained later).  For the first time in a long while I woke up with my alarm and actually moved out of bed.  It was raining outside.  Ugh.  Still, I packed up some stuff, hauled it down the stairs and into my car, and I left to Provo.  It took me longer than usual to get there because of the terrible weather conditions.  When I got there, however, I proved that I still have master backing skills.  I hold that most people couldn't back their car into the parking space that I backed into.

After trying to get myself to do some math homework, I met Megan Nield at The Brick Oven for lunch.  I worried, because I never really knew what her boyfriend, Sam Speer, thought of me.  We were friends in high school, and he's the one responsible for the nickname "the devil's child" sticking among that group (this has a lot to do with the fact that I was the least sheltered one of the group, but if you asked my non-lds friends they would tell you that I am, in fact, sheltered).  We talked occasionally because his best friend and I were friends.  It is one of those inevitable panicky scenes right before finding out that everything is cool.  Back on topic, I really enjoyed my time with her.  I felt like I did a lot of the talking, but then again I always worry about that.

When lunch was finished, I went up to the Morris Center to take my final for my religion class.  Unfortunately for me, my test hadn't been printed yet even though I had requested it, and instead of printing it off for me, the lady I talked to just told me to come back tomorrow.  So, I walked through the rain and the cold just to be told to come back tomorrow.  Oh well, that's what I get when I'm at BYU and it's raining.  The last time I walked through the rain at BYU I was headed to the med center to find out that my finger was, in fact, broken.  By the time I got there and back I was soaked, cold, and in pain. I'm pretty sure I sat in a bubble bath for a half hour after that incident.

Later in the day I went to FHE with my roommates.  We had a spiritual thought and spaghetti dinner.  It was actually decent; I was surprised.  I felt well blended in and welcome.  Although, I felt that way last time I was at BYU as well.  The people around here just radiate confidence.  It feels good to be around that.  I don't have to worry about not having anyone to talk to.

By the time I got home I was in a considerable amount of pain, so grabbed a Lyrica, took a bubble bath just to appease my screaming muscles, and then went about cleaning my room.  It really wasn't that dirty, just dusty, because I haven't lived in the place.  However, with inspection coming up, I want to be extra sure that the place is clean.  All I've got to do tomorrow is vacuum.  If things go good tomorrow I might just stay another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment