Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yes, I Did Like Harry Potter, But...

I loved Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One.  I liked it a lot more because I didn't have to stay up until midnight just to see it first.  I wasn't upset with the way it ended, because I thought that it was a really good spot to end at, and since I've already read the book I don't have to wonder what's going to happen.  Obviously, I've never been a real Harry Potter fanatic.  However, there are plenty of reasons that I hate going to movies.

I hate all the couples that go to the movies.  They make me feel all sad and alone, which when thought about deeply, I really am alone and that does make me sad.

Once we've established that there's lots of couples in the room, and that I'm oh so alone, then the movie starts.  People clap at the beginning and end of the movie, which I've never really understood.  During the whole movie there's those people who talk (my brother is one of them) and some of the screaming and laughing that goes on is ridiculously loud.  I may be permanently deaf in my left ear.  There's always one person in the theater that is like that.

If there's any romance in the movie, it generally peeves me, mostly because of the reasons explained above, but there's also this inexplicable feeling deep down inside.

The people that sit and complain about how the movies aren't correct according to the book bother me, particularly at Harry Potter showings.  If you can't disassociate the book from the movie, then don't go see the movie, people!  It's a simple enough concept.

Always, always, there's the connections that I make with each movie I watch that bother me.  I never used to be bothered about those connections, but now, after being divorced, everything about me has slightly changed, and that's one of those things.  I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix earlier today, and the part that bothered me was when Harry screams, "LOOK AT ME!"  Why?  Because I feel like that a lot anymore.  Like everyone around you is completely oblivious that you aren't able to function in certain situations because of what you've gone through.  In the new movie it was that Harry didn't have any family, and the whole time I thought, I wish that I didn't have any family either, because it would remove inhibitions that I have to act on impulses that I get.  I don't want my family to die; it's more like I want to be able to do what Hermione did to her family.  If people just forgot me, then they wouldn't have to worry about me and I wouldn't feel like I had to fake things just to comfort them.  I really, truly, often think that being alone with my thoughts is the best thing.  And finally, creepy love triangles, perceived or otherwise.  I now have come to completely loathe them.

So, despite really liking the movie, it is hard to say that I really enjoyed myself.  And yes, I'm like that quite a lot when I watch movies.  I don't do a lot of talking afterwards.  Instead, I like to hop in my car, turn on the music, and drive.  If the drive home isn't long enough, I like to grab my ipod and walk, or work out, or anything to get that pent up energy and sick feeling out of my heart and stomach.  If all else fails, I usually can fall asleep and feel better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment