Friday, November 12, 2010

Bye Bye Honesty

Honesty is disappearing in the world.  I went to Chili's to pick up a to go order for my Mom and me.  My Mom had called in the order, so I didn't know everything that she ordered.  I trusted that the waitress would get me my complete order.  I paid $24.45 for the order, wasn't issued a receipt, and when I got home with our entrees my Mom said, "Where's the chips and salsa?  I ordered chips and salsa with this."

The waitress knew that my Mom had ordered chips and salsa.  It was on the computer that was in front of her at when she looked up the order.  Sure, the chips and salsa were only around four dollars, but that isn't the point.  The point is that dishonesty starts with small things like that.  She can pocket that four dollars.  If you do things like that, then you're much more likely to feel that it's okay to do worse things in the future.

What's our world coming to?

No comments:

Post a Comment