Saturday, July 31, 2010

Finale Time

It's the final day up here at Bear Lake for the YSA ward, and we decided to take our boat out one more time for them all.  Things went well; I got the boat off the trailer just fine and I was able to tow two groups of people on the chariot tube we have.  Then, when I went to let my dad pull Travis behind the boat, it wouldn't move.  The engine worked just fine, but the propeller wouldn't engage.  We waited for twenty minutes for my dad's counselor to come and tow us in.

So much for a final boating day.  Every single boat we own is broken now.  It is also ironic that we would have to tow the boat home, because my dad noticed that there was a nail in the boat trailer tire yesterday.  Before he tows it home he will have to change a flat tire.  If it weren't for bad luck, the Adams Family wouldn't have any luck at all.

Also, you know when you see people who are older than you when you are young, and you admire them?  Well, I did that with some of the people up here, but now that I am grown up, they are less impressive.  I hate that, mainly because it lets me know that I am growing up.  Having no reason to find that person more special is definitely proof to me that people are enchanted with those that they find better/more mysterious than themselves.  It also makes me wonder if that is why we fall in and out of infatuation with people, because we find out that they are normal.  If so, how does anybody ever stay with one person for their entire lives?  Those two people must always stay equally mysterious to one another or continually feel that their partner is better than they are.  That's the only way I can see marriage working, because each person strives to be just as good as the other their entire married lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment