Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bear Lake and Realization

So, I spent the weekend at Bear Lake, which was overall quite nice, even though I didn't get a heavy workout in yesterday.  The lake is just the right temperature for cooling down and swimming in.  My cousin Bailey and I decided to take a tube down and go out in the water to float on it, but we went too deep before we hopped on it, so it looked really ridiculous when we tried to get on.  The other people in the water were laughing at us, but we were laughing so hard at ourselves that we really didn't care.  We knew we looked ridiculous, but we were having fun.  We went on a couple bike rides on the bike trail, and I went out on the trail one night and took a walk.

Going out on the boat for the first time this year was also really enjoyable.  Even though our anchor rope broke and our boat almost beached before we got to it, and my mom and I were arguing while we got things fixed, which in turn made my dad upset at us, things were fun out on the water.  Bailey and I went on a couple tube rides, and man are we paying for it today.  There was a chariot sort of tube we rode that gave us whiplash and rubbed the skin off of our knuckles, not including the extremely sore backs we have.

Eating the first fresh Utah corn of the year was really great.  Sure, we most definitely paid too much money for it, but it was worth it to me.  There is something about the way that Utah corn tastes that just completely beats out anything California can deliver.

Despite the good weekend, however, I came to the realization that I feel like something is missing in my life.  I don't know what it is, but when I find out I fully intend to get it back/obtain it for myself.  Do you ever wish sometimes that time would just fast-forward itself so you could move past a spot you don't want to be in?  It's not necessarily that the spot you currently hold in life is a bad one, but that you are, in fact, in a mediocre spot on your own personal timeline.  I feel like I've been in that mediocre spot on my personal timeline for quite a few months now, and I feel like I've got quite a few months more before I get out of it.  It feels somewhat like hitting a plateau in your plans.  You don't fall backwards in them, but you have a really hard time moving in a forward direction.  There has to be an extra special push to move you through it.  I don't know what my extra special push in life is going to have to be, but I think it's going to have to be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment