Friday, July 16, 2010

Bumps and Bruises

Today was just one of those terrible days. I woke up and after finding out I had gained five pounds, things only got worse. I couldn't find my purse, then I kept forgetting things/having to do them myself because my brother forgot. Then, when things seemed like they were going to take a turn for the better, I went back to Harmons to get the limes I forgot, and I tried to pull into a parking space. There was a car partially intruding on the space I was trying to get into, so I decided to swing a little wider so I could fit in. Little did I know the truck on the other side had an exhaust pipe that extended almost a foot farther out than regular exhaust pipes. It ripped through the front right bottom of my car. That was just the topper on a crappy day. I just sat in my car and cried until my Dad came to help me make sure my car was drive-able. He's so awesome. He left work early just to help me out.

When I got home I calmed down a bit, but then when my mom came home we started arguing and I felt like she was essentially telling me that nothing I wanted was important and that I wasn't trying hard enough to do anything worthwhile. Just when things were starting to get nasty, my dad walked in with Brother Weight and offered to give me a blessing. It's amazing how much better I felt after that. Now I'm tired, but I know things are going to be okay, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I can honestly say that's something I haven't been able to do for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE those days. I am sorry. That is a particularly crappy day. I hope your car is okay. but more importantly, I am glad you are okay. I hope you feel better, kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! The good news is you can make a regular day seem amazing when you think back to this especially terrible day. You know looking at things on the bright side, like "Oh well at least I didn't hit the car parked next to me". I am so sorry! I too hope you and your car are ok :)

    ReplyDelete