Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good Days

The last couple of days have been fantastic compared to friday. Megan and I went and saw Inception yesterday, and it was mind boggling. The cool thing was that a lot of the concept had an actual basis in science, with the levels of dreams and whatnot. I was at the edge of my seat the entire time I was watching the show. Really, if you haven't seen this yet, I would suggest going to see it. If you go to Walker Cinemas in Ogden it is cheaper than the Megaplex at the junction. For me, saving four dollars was worth it, because the show is the same at any movie theater. Now I just need to see the Sorcerer's Apprentice, and all my movies will be crossed off my movie-theater-going list.

Also, Megan and I have committed to working out regularly, which is nice, because it is harder to work out when you don't have a buddy to do it with. Today I am really sore, which made me sleep a little longer than usual, so I haven't done a morning workout yet, but I figure I'll go for a walk and burn calories that way. I do need to be pushing myself every day, but I can't force myself to go all out every day without a break, so I'll have to just do a lighter workout this morning instead of a heavy one. I find if I don't do that I don't perform well the rest of the week, and I'd rather take a light workout over not being able to perform at my highest level.

I don't remember if I noted that I didn't get into BYU for Fall semester on here yet, but anyways, I didn't. However, I'll still be moving down there in the fall so I can get a part time job and hopefully finish up my honors great works requirements. I've been doing fairly well on the science and literature ones, but I am severely lacking in my music, art, and film areas. I figure that if I get all of the great works done and the papers written then I will have less on my mind, better enabling me to focus on my honors thesis. In all actuality, maybe not attending Fall semester will be good for me. I can finish up my online classes without having to worry about on campus classes while I do it, and it gives me more time to finish up those classes. Hopefully this will bring my GPA up as well, so I can even graduate with honors. I'm only .3 away from being able to graduate with a 3.5, so I'd better get that calculus class retaken so it will make that D disappear on my records!

1 comment:

  1. Yesss. Inception has to be on the top of my summer movie list. I haven't seen a good movie in theaters for a while. I am glad we went. And from now on, I am probably going to want to go to the Walker theaters. Megaplex is nice, and you can take in your own candy/eat meals in the theater, and select your seats, etc. But it also charges you for that. Plus, I like the smell of the walker theater, haha. I think they got new carpet or something. when we saw Prince of Persia it smelled like a new car. And at Inception it smelled like a nice hotel room. Haha, I'm weird about scents.

    And yeeeaaaah, we need to commit more. Or at least I do. The heat makes it hard to work out, outside, and the misquitos make it even harder, once it has cooled down. I have NOT been doing very well exercise-wise, OR eating wise. I am glad you are keeping up. It will help me stay focused.

    I think the BYU thing almost works out. I am glad a bad situation turned into a good one. I'll still miss you, though! does BYU start at the same time Weber does? it is creeping up fast! I can't tell if I am happy about that or not.
    OKAY! I am done rambling! sorry to type your eyes off!

    ReplyDelete