Monday, September 13, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

Yesterday was particularly uplifting.  The night before I had gone to a movie night, and even though it was fun, I left in a somewhat terrible mood.  I was upset, and I couldn't figure out why.  In the morning I didn't even make a point to get out of bed before ten, which is a particularly daunting thing when looked at closely (I haven't been in that bad of a mood in weeks).  Sunday, however, was just what I needed.  The lessons were fantastic at church, and then there was the CES fireside with the apostle Richard G. Scott.

The entire speech was on happiness in dating and marriage, and what builds the foundations for a happy marriage and family.  Between all the laughter at different comments made throughout the course of the evening, there were a lot of enlightening things said.  The beauty of the lot of it was that I had just told Carianne Hirano what I was looking for the second time around in a guy, and that Elder Scott reaffirmed my decision.

One of the best things he told guys was to have a little ingenuity when it came to dates, and that men should show the woman they love that they love her by telling her, and by doing the little things such as writing a note of encouragement or giving her flowers.  The reason I bring this up is because this morning this showed up on my car window:



I had to put two pictures of the flowers up on here; I couldn't help it.  They're really pretty.  

I don't know who these are from and I don't know why he/she did it, but it is the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time.  It made my day at 7:30 this morning, and it has kept me happy thinking about it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment