Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yup, I'm an Addict

My mom and I wrapped a bunch of Christmas presents yesterday.  When I opened a new roll of wrapping paper, I said, "This is nice looking paper, and it smells good too.  Some wrapping paper has an odd smell, but some smells really good."

When she was done listening to me, my mom said, "You're a paper addict.  After listening to you talk about the way each book's paper has a unique smell that makes you love to read, and now this, you're definitely an addict."

Really, I'll never be able to fully switch over to electronic reading sources, because I miss the book smell when I read on an electronic device.  There's something about a library that just brings out the reading spirit in me.  And then I think about the Vashta Nerada (means the Shadows that melt the flesh), and then I have to stay out of the shadows.  I try to forget about the Vashta Nerada when I think about them, because that kind of just destroys the great thought of the library.  Doctor Who thing, Vashta Nerada.

If anyone's gone shopping for paper or pens with me, or been in a book store or library with me, then you know what I mean.  I'm pretty sure I've scared people.  So, I generally try to do my shopping for paper products by myself, and then only shop in book stores with friends sparingly.  You can't really avoid running into people you know at libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment