Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Keith Urban

I was in the car with my mom the other day, and we were listening to a Keith Urban song on the radio.  I said, "You know, it's really weird.  He'll have a really great cd one year, and then the next all his music will be terrible.  I have no clue why it's like that."

My mom replied, "You probably like the stuff that he writes when he's drunk and hate the stuff that he writes when he's sober."

"I didn't know he was an alcoholic."

"Yeah, he's been in an out of rehab all the time for it."

"Oh... really?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't know that."

Silence.  It made me wonder which music he writes when he's sober and which music he writes when he's drunk, and which phase I like him in best for writing music.


He wrote this one with one other guy.


He didn't write this one, but it is off the same cd, and it is one of my favorite cds.  It is actually one of two songs on the whole cd that he didn't write.  However, they fit well with what he writes.

Anyone want to guess what stage he's in when he writes music like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment