Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Favorite Jazz Player

Andrei Kirilenko has been my favorite Jazz player since he joined the team in 2001.  In the 2003-04 season he ranked third best for blocked shots in the league and fourth best in steals in the league.  He was the second NBA player in history to be in the top five for both of those categories in the same season.  He finished first in the league with 220 blocked shots in 2006.  Then when he hit a down spot in his career in 2007, it seemed like everyone lost confidence in him.  My dad would always boo him when he came out on the court, but I would still cheer.  I really do love to watch this guy play basketball, and I support him through all his play, even if he's going through a rough spot.

He came back and played wonderfully in the preseason opener against Portland.  I truly believe that I'm going to really enjoy this season, and that Andrei Kirilenko is a big part of that reason.  He's been on the All-Star team and the All-Defensive First team, among many others.  AK 47 is one great reason to love to watch the Jazz play.


He's the best defender against opponents such as Kobe Bryant, because he's quick and predicts movement very well.


He's fun to listen to, because of his accent, and because of how hard he worked to be able to speak english fluently.


And I think he's good looking to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment