Monday, October 25, 2010

Computer Savvy Cat

My cat Butterfly is able to make my computer do things I didn't even know it was capable of.  I certainly don't know how she does it.  Somehow, laying on the warm keyboard at different angles, hitting multiple keys at the same time, makes my computer go wacky.

Sure, she's done it before to my brother's HP computer.  She made the desktop screen display everything upside down.  Yes, this even changed the mouse settings.  Everything was upside down.  It took my mom a few days to even figure out how to change it.  And it was lucky she did, because my cat just kept laying on the computer and turning the desktop screen display between 90 and a full 180 degrees either way.

Lately, however, she has been laying on my macintosh whenever I leave it open.  My internet screen will show all sorts of facts about the websites where I've been, my music player will be on with a screensaver up that goes to the beat of the music, or applications I didn't even know I had will be up on the screen.  And today, once again, when I returned home from buying myself a couple more of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books*, I found her on my computer.  While I was reading a blog post, I kept hearing a noise that sounded somewhere between a cell phone ringtone and a commercial on TV for an upcoming episode.  Finally, thinking I was going insane, I hit my volume button on my computer.  Sure enough, my cat Butterfly had successfully turned on itunes and was listening to my music while she slept on the comfy, warm keyboard.

*Thanks so much for that gift card to Hastings, Megs!  I wouldn't have gone searching for more books to read if I hadn't had that.  :D

1 comment:

  1. haha, aww, butter. I am glad you like the gift card! :)

    ReplyDelete