Monday, June 20, 2011

Take Me Home, Country Roads

It's getting harder to find open fields around my town, and that makes me really sad.  I'm a country girl.  I liked my community when I only had one next door neighbor, and I had to walk a couple miles across a field to get to my other neighbors.  I liked my home town back when there was a lot of this:









You know you're in the country when people make their old, rusty farm equipment into landscape decor.

The canal.  It's ridiculously full right now.


All of these were taken on my bike ride with Sarah today.  There's still country out here, but you have to look for it in between all the stupid suburbia.  People build in the swamps, and then their houses flood.  And they get upset about it.  Well, then don't build in a swamp!  I could go on ranting about why I hate suburbia, but I'll save it.  Suffice it to say that I'm glad I can still go on a bike ride and find places like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment