Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winnie The Pooh


My favorite character was always Eeyore.  This always bothered my mom.  She probably worried that I identified too much with Eeyore.  However, I have reasoning for this choice.

Pooh was always absentminded and only after one thing: honey.  Rabbit and Piglet were always too worrisome; Piglet was afraid of everything, and Rabbit was always obsessed about the wrong things.  Tigger and Roo were always too ecstatic to be a favorite, although I really liked Tigger.  Roo's mom I don't remember much.

Eeyore brings balance to these characters.  He brings them all together when he's lost his tail.  I guess maybe he was too sad for a lot of people to like.  He made me realize that the world isn't all hunky dory go lucky; it has a lot of down spots that will be hard to get through.  The point is that he had friends to help him get through it.  And, I think that he made his friends realize that there is an opposite side to things, as his friends did for him.

This blanket is the whole reason for the post.  It took me forever to get the motivation to tie it.

No comments:

Post a Comment