Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Two Most Dependable Friends

Kestin Page

It doesn't matter when I need this guy: he'll be there for me.  Although we hardly ever see each other now, he was probably my best, most truest friend in High School.  We have a lot in common.  One of my favorite things to do is just sit back in his car and listen to him while we drive around aimlessly, with his "old soul" music in the background.  Occasionally he'll call me out of the blue, and we'll update each other on what's going on (he usually has cooler stuff going on than I do) and talk about anthropology and literature.  I love this man.

This comic typifies the goings on in my relationship with Kestin.  The one asking the questions is Kestin, and the one following with the camera is me.  This is courtesy of XKCD comics.

If you want to read more about him, go here.

Megan Moulding
(Megan, I hope that you forgive my commandeering of your photo for my blog.  It's one of my favorites of you.)

I think of her like a sister.  I've known her for my entire life.  We can call each other up and ask if we want to get together to do something, and if one of us doesn't want to, we say so, and no one is offended.  My relationship with her is the most honest one that I've had in my life.  Despite the ridiculously small amount of time we actually hang out anymore (especially when I'm at home, considering we're next-door neighbors then), I never feel like I've fallen out of friendship with her.  Some of the most fun conversations I've had with her have been over Instant Messenger.  We have very similar personalities.  We never really talk about sad stuff that's going on in life, but I think that I attribute that to the personality type we are, which is more of an internalizing personality than an externalizing one.  When we do go off on rants, it's usually about the exact same thing, just different names involved.

While we're about the "reminds me of you" comics, I thought I'd take time to say that Calvin and Hobbes is the Megan comic.  There's some strips that make me laugh, because Calvin's saying things that I can picture Megan saying.


So, here's to you two, the best friends a girl could ask for.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, chelsea, I just wrote this huge paragraph and clicked post, then clicked on a different link, but I forgot to do the security question part, so it didn't post. BASICALLY, I said that I am very flattered you think of me when you read Calvin and Hobbes! Calvin is my hero! and it is completely bizarre for me to even think about my childhood without you and dylan. what would I have even done?! I also think it is ridiculous how much we don't hang out, although it is harder with you away at byu. but we ought to make a point of it. all I can say is thank goodness for MSN messenger!

    ReplyDelete