Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Latest Trend

I have been watching a lot... which is an understatement... of Star Trek the Original Series with Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner. This is terrible for my homework, because it has gone undone for nearly a week now. Also, it makes me incredibly unproductive. I do as little as possible so I can watch multiple Star Trek episodes in one day. My mother is worried that I'm becoming a "trekie," and while I'm not worried about that, I am worried that I will not be able to catch back up to my schedule and meet the deadlines I set for myself. You see, that's the problem with deadlines that you create for yourself: you know that nothing is going to happen if those deadlines aren't met, so you let yourself procrastinate and keep throwing the deadlines back until it really is too late to ever finish what you started.

Star Trek is also keeping me up till nearly 1 AM every night, which is bad for my health because I am getting up too early. This causes me to further be unproductive because I find myself falling asleep during the day. I have been doing the bare minimum required of me. Looking at this trend I have fallen into makes me realize I need to change it, but it is one of those really addicting laziness trends that take awhile to get out of. My mother has described it as the way I take down time. She says, "Chelsea, you hardly ever take downtime, but when you do, you take it hard and for quite awhile." So, maybe this is my downtime and I just need to wait for the inspiration to start working again. I just hope it starts back up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment