Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sure as Hell No.

My husband says he wants kids... before we turn 20. Uhh.... NO! I asked him what's wrong with waiting until about age 25 to have kids. He says that's too old. Uhh... NO!

"Why is that too old?" I ask.
"Because my dad was 22 when I was born." Says he.

Why the hell does that matter? My parents were 30 when they had me, and I had just as much fun with my parents as he did with his, if not more. Being able to have fun and raise kids has nothing to do with whether you are 20, 25, or 30 when you have kids. My husband sure as Hell doesn't understand this. We will never understand each other's logic in this matter.

In my mind this creates the equation: Chelsea's idea + Nik's idea - Chelsea's unwillingness -Nik's misunderstanding= NO KIDS.

I would be just peachy with this, but he is really upset with my prognosis.

"We're LDS," he says, "and people are going to start asking when our first one is on the way. We're expected to start having kids soon, and you're going to have to get used to getting asked that question."

Why in the Hell should I have to get used to being badgered about when I want to have kids? ESPECIALLY by other people? And just because I'm LDS? Isn't the decision on whether to have kids or not a personal matter? Come on people. If being LDS means I have to start having kids before age 20 then I'll just start telling everyone I'm atheist and believe that as the world is overpopulated already we don't need to bring more children into the world. UGH. I now remember why I said I was never going to get married.

And how did this whole conversation get started between me and my husband? A seven year old girl asked me today if I was pregnant (This, to me, just means that I really need to get back in shape). Then she asked me when I was going to get pregnant. I told this to my husband, thinking he would just tell me that I was right about needing to get back in shape, and this whole damn conversation started.

1 comment:

  1. you should tell him that as soon as they create the technology to make it possible for men to bear children, you guys can have kids!


    also, the title of this post cracks me up. a lot.

    ReplyDelete