Friday, January 18, 2013

LVFX 2013



Blues dancing is one of my favorite things to do in the world. The connection with your partner is amazing, and you can dance to so many different types of music! If I could, I would spend my whole life going around the world blues dancing.

In other words, Vegas was awesome, and it renewed a love of blues that I thought I'd lost. I met and danced with a lot of new people, learned a lot, and had a blast. That's what it's all about, right?

Thursday night Nathan and I wandered the strip (M&Ms Store!), rode the roller coaster at New York New York, saw Claes Oldenburg's Typewriter Eraser sculpture, and got to know each other better.

Friday was filled with classes, and I went to bed early (like just after midnight, I think) so I could make classes on Saturday. 

Saturday night was Glam Noir night, and it was fantastic. I swear someone got an amazing shot of Nathan and me, but I don't know if or when it will be posted on facebook. 

Sunday was more classes and a great night out at the Red Square with new people, and some great dances.

We roomed with this guy from Sri Lanka, named Radhika Ranaweera (aka Rad). The final night there, Nathan did an Elmo impression for Rad, and he just couldn't keep a straight face. His reaction caused me to fall into a fit of nigh unstoppable laughter. 

This video is from a choreography class me, Nathan, Amie, and Kember took. Joe DeMers and Mike the Girl taught it.



I can't wait to go to Mile High Blues in March!


No comments:

Post a Comment