Friday, January 25, 2013

Goals Update January 2013

So, I realize that it isn't quite the end of January, but I don't think I'll have much time to update my blog in the next couple weeks, I have so much stuff going on. Here goes nothing.

I haven't exercised outside of dancing, but I hope to be better at this goal next month.

I read Dreamspinner by Lynn Kurland.

I've been too focused on getting my honors thesis proposal rewritten, I haven't done any great works papers. It'll happen, though.

My honors thesis proposal got accepted, and so now I'm gearing up to write the thesis. It's really happening!

I'm making a trivet out of pop bottle caps (you know, the ones that come off the glass bottles) and crocheted covers. Should be an adventure. Pictures to come.

I made Shawarma, and me and Nathan are going to start this thing where I surprise him with what I cook when I want to cook something new, so then I don't have tons of leftovers.

I went to LVFX and had a blast, and I bought my ticket to go to Mile High Blues in March.

Considering how much I ate out last semester, this month I've been fantastic with not eating out as much.

I've picked up a copy of the New York Times about four times a week this entire month. Not bad.

I have a friend who still owes me money for the hotel room at LVFX, so if I get that, I should be able to save about $50. It would be nice if I did because that would mean that I get to put that toward Mile High Blues hotel, food, or whatever.


So, I got lots accomplished. This is amazing to me, considering all that's gone on this month. If I've seemed completely distant, sorry. My Grandpa June almost died in the hospital the second week of the month, now he's paralyzed from the waist down, my brand new computer broke, my honors thesis proposal was rejected, and then the next week I had a relationship go downhill, I didn't get a job I wanted, I had a professor who wouldn't give me extra time to do work so I could help my family in this sad time, and then this last Tuesday my Grandma Vickie (Grandpa June's wife) was admitted to the ICU with bacterial spinal meningitis.

Yeah, that was my month. The highlight is simply that my thesis proposal got accepted yesterday. Well, and LVFX. But I don't think those two things necessarily outweigh all the other stuff. It's thrown off my schedule to be done with my Psychology course by the end of the month. I got all the coursework done, but I still need to take the final. Oh well, maybe on Sunday I'll study like crazy for it and take the test next week. Or the first week of February. I keep telling myself I have time. One step at a time. Nathan tells me that next month will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment