Friday, May 20, 2011

On the Weekend

I'm home for at least the next two days, and I can't wait for the weather to get warm again. I'm really worried that my seeds I planted last week won't sprout because of the cold, wet weather. But hey, I'm going to the Revenge of the Nerds 2nd Annual Dance, and that should be fun. I'm hoping to try out my dance moves I learned in Dance 180. Cha cha and foxtrot I have down, and I'm working on waltz. I currently know six steps for the waltz on the bronze level. I wish I could say that I knew more than just the bronze level, but oh well. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? I think I'll just keep on going with ballroom classes, and hopefully I'll know a bunch of different dances all at the silver level. I don't know that I'll be around BYU long enough to get to the gold level of dance. Still, this ballroom dance class is one of the funnest classes I've ever taken at school.

And the starts I planted last week and put on the heating mat sprouted right up. I'm going to transplant them into peat pots tomorrow, most likely. We'll see how things go. With any luck, my mom will have a few nice cucumber plants to put in the garden over Memorial Day weekend. Now we just have to keep singing "Rain rain go away and don't come back for a month" and hope that our wishes come true.

Maybe I'll have pictures to post later, but don't count on it. I didn't bring my camera home today. Everyone hope that someone posts pictures of the dance on Facebook. And another problem, I don't have any nerdy attire. Still, I'll go anyway and have some fun. Who knows, I might find the love of my life there! Hahaha, like that's very likely. But still, company, friends, dancing and fun.

And another cool thing: I typed this entire thing on my Dad's IPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment