Monday, May 10, 2010

Overweight and in Good Shape

So, lately I have had a large number of people comment on my weight and how I need to get back into shape. It has gotten to the point where I have gone off the deep end in anger. My medications I take to keep me from being in extreme pain and that take care of my depression and panic disorder make me gain weight, and no matter how much I exercise or watch what I eat I don't lose weight, I gain it. Hence why I am twenty-five pounds heavier than when most of you saw me last. It isn't very intelligent to assume that because someone is a little bit heavier that they are out of shape.

Here are my overall fitness test results from today:
1. Body Composition-Results
BMI: 25
Rating: Marginally Overweight

2. Cardiovascular Fitness-Results*
1.5 Mile Time: 20:30 min:sec
Estimated VO2 Max: 37.588
Rating: Good Fitness Zone

3: Muscle Fitness-Results
Rating: High Performance Zone

4: Flexibility Fitness-Results
Rating: Good Fitness Zone

*Keep in mind that this time is better than it was when I weighed 115 pounds, and that my doctor said that I may never be able to run well again because of my leg surgery. Also, all of these tests were taken when I was going through withdrawals from my depression/panic disorder medication.

As I am going through withdrawals from my depression/panic disorder medication, you can expect me to be in somewhat more pain than usual and quite a bit less tolerant of people and their ignorant comments. Oh, and if I'm able to get these kinds of results while I am trying not to throw up or fall on my face from nausea and pain, then how do you think it makes me feel when people are ignorant enough to tell me I'm out of shape when I'm feeling well? Sure, I'm not in the best shape of my life, but I'm definitely better off than I was when I was underweight. So, for all you guys who think that the only thing that matters in a woman is her body, I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. No girl wants to date a shallow guy that only wants you for your looks. A woman needs a companion that lifts her up and loves her no matter what she looks like through her life.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your last paragraph. I know that you are going through a lot right now and that it's harder than most people can imagine. But if a man can't accept you for who you are PERIOD then he's not worth getting to know. Amen sister! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete