Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Missing A Friend

So, my friend Megan has been gone on her trip to Spain for a whole two days now, and I'm already missing her; it's probably completely ridiculous. I'm currently listening to the Sherlock Holmes Soundtrack that she gave me, and it made me think of her. That, and because I'm taking care of her cats* every day and tending her garden for two weeks. Anyways, it is rather ridiculous that I am missing her because we hardly ever hang out (although we have been hanging out more often since I got back from Cali). Megan is like a comfort blanket for me, and when she's not next door the world feels funny--like it's missing something. (The picture of me and her here is from last October; we really don't have a ton of pictures together.)

Why can't I hang out with other friends while she is gone? I can; I just am not outgoing enough to take the initiative to call someone to hang out that lives farther than a a couple hundred meters away from me. In other words, I'm lazy and prefer to sit and pout about missing my friend rather than hang out with my few other ones. I am going to Iron Man 2 at 12:30 AM on Friday with my friend Sarah James, though. However, I'll probably go see it again with Megan. I don't think that will offend her because I bet she's going to go see it with her boy toy Mike after she's seen it with me.

On the bright side of life, she will hopefully be sending me a postcard from Spain! And I really do hope she enjoys herself. It's not everyone who gets to go to Spain more than once in their lifetime!

*Side Note: Just for the record, I LOVE her cats. They are awesome, especially Velcro. She comes up and hugs me and gives me loves every time I come over. The other cats just look at me like I'm some strange creature that isn't their Megan invading their space. Hopefully they'll warm up to me with time... although Romeo still hasn't, and I've known him for a long time. That could be because he can smell my cats on my clothes and he knows who they are all too well.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile. I am so glad that you are my friend! I completely agree about it feeling weird when you are next door. When you were in California, it was like "well, I know we didn't hang out for months and months, but, but, but, she was next door! now she's in another state!" aww, I am excited for a movie-watching, dessert-eating, bike-riding summer.

    ReplyDelete