Friday, February 22, 2013

Something You Should Know

So many people that want so much of my time.

I'm not an extrovert.
I'm an introvert.

I know that I can be smiley and talkative and interactive at dances, but that doesn't mean I'm extroverted. Quite the contrary: if I want human interaction, I go and find it. If I don't, well, quit contacting me every day!

I realize that most of you who read this already know this about me, but on the off chance someone who tries to contact me every day after seeing me at dance, please stop!

No, I'm not upset.
No, I'm not losing it.
No, something isn't wrong.

I'm simply me.

This means that I want to spend large amounts of my time alone, not contacting anyone.

In other words, this means I want to get some work done and do my own thing.

I'll contact you if there's something to talk about.

Not that this means that I don't enjoy it when someone randomly calls me up (like Kestin does [onsecondthoughtheonlydoesthataboutonceeverysixmonthssothismaynotcount]) or texts me. It simply means that I am not one of those people who craves human contact all the time.

Especially not when I've got a lot of creative things to do.

And when people keep asking me, "Are you okay? What's wrong? You seem, cross, what's up?" it gets on my nerves.

So yes, I'm annoyed, but not for the reason you think. I'm annoyed because you keep asking me if I am. If I tell you I'm fine, I mean it, okay???!!!!

I make a point not to say things I don't mean.

I hope this clears things up for those of you who want to spend time with me. You may think it's a small amount of time because you are so accustomed to hanging out with people and talking to people you care about multiple times a week. I am not accustomed to that much contact, and I have no desire to become accustomed to this.

I appreciate your understanding.

Rant over.

1 comment: