Monday, January 2, 2012

The Holiday Projects

I really enjoyed this holiday season.  I made a lot of stuff, a bunch of which I didn't get pictures of, but a bunch that I did.  No pictures of Christmas Day, though.  Everyone forgot to get their cameras out.  And I spent New Years Eve as usual, lounging around my house and reading a good book.  I did go out to eat at Maddox with my parents; Maddox is the only place for a good hamburger.  I'll miss it when I have to go back to school.

Without further ado, here's my slew of pictures.




No slew of pictures would be complete without some of my cat.  He got in the Christmas spirit, too.  The picture directly above this text is him sitting on my mom's sewing chair in my mom's sewing room, where I finished up a bunch of my projects, and he sat and watched.


I crocheted my Grandma Alice a rug.  I crocheted so much in a week that my hand hurt this year.

On my way to pick up my brother for the Jazz game, I snapped this picture of Temple Square Lights.


My mom had surgery last week, and the Relief Society brought over dinner for two nights in a row, so I made thank you cards.

Then came something I'm really proud of.  I made my mom a calendar for the first time ever.  My brother and I avoided buying a calendar like the plague this year because last Christmas we both bought her the exact same calendar.  I made him take his back because mine was already wrapped and under the tree, unlike his.  So this year, when I found out neither of us had purchased a calendar for my mom, I went about making her one.  It got finished yesterday.











This is possibly my favorite page.


Hope you all had as great a holiday season as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I love your calendar! that is such a perfect idea! also, I am envious of your crocheting skills. one of these days I'm going to try to learn. also, Lex is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sidenote: YAY!!! It's letting me comment again!

    ReplyDelete