Thursday, August 25, 2011

In Ol' New York

I was watching Robin Hood, and then Netflix went down.  So, as promised, here's New York.  First off, the skyline is beautiful.  This was taken from the Empire State Building, which has a better view than Top of the Rock at the Rockafeller Center.



After we checked into the hotel, we went to go get food, and then to drop off Dylan to see


Meanwhile, my Mom, Dad, and I checked out Times Square.  Our hotel overlooked it.  Times Square is quite the media overload.


We also went around to a few stores.  I got some new stuff at the Levis store, and Who A U.  To say that Saks Fifth Avenue was a little bit too expensive would be an understatement.  I need to either get rich, or marry rich, because I really want the $2000 pair of Jimmy Choos I picked up.  We went to the M&Ms store.  It was pretty cool.  Three floors worth of all things M&M.  


A $3000 jacket


We went to a Yankees game (they lost to the Rays 5 to 1, with four of those runs coming off of solo home runs) and three plays: The Sister Act, The Follies, and Anything Goes.  My favorite was probably Anything Goes, with Sister Act running it a close second.  We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, too, but my brother wouldn't let us take pictures there.  We did take pictures at the Museum of Natural History, though.

Some rather rare meteorite.  I don't quite remember where it came from, but it is metal.









We rode the subway just about everywhere.  That was convenient, because taking a taxi is expensive.




My brother didn't want to come with us to breakfast and then to the Statue of Liberty on the last day we were there.  He preferred to sleep in before the flight.  We didn't go on a tour of the Statue or anything, we just looked at it by the ferry.  I got my picture taken with a guy dressed up like the Statue of Liberty, though.






So, there's plenty more pictures, but this post is getting kind of long.  Posts might follow detailing some stuff, but I kind of doubt it.  We had lots of fun, though.  Six days in New York went really fast.  You need more than a week to see all of New York.





No comments:

Post a Comment