Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Me and Finals

Finals are over, and that's a really good feeling.  Even though I don't know what my grades are for sure, I can guess.  I've got a B+ in humanities, a B+/A- in mythology, an A- in american literary history, a B+/A- in creative writing, and an A in my intro to the english language class.  I am really hoping for those two B+/A- classes to be A- because that would make my gpa a 3.35.  Then, with any luck, by the end of my Spring Term I could have a 3.4, and then I'd be on my way to writing an honors thesis.  And, that also means I will have met one of my goals for the year.

I really fret over that honors thing.  When I start something, I finish it 99.9% of the time.  That .1% of the time I don't finish something I start, I get really annoyed/upset/disappointed/angry.  So with honors, I really feel that I need to finish it, not just as a testament that I am in the top 1% (it's less than 1% that actually graduate with honors, which is weird, because it isn't THAT much extra work to do it) of my graduating class, not necessarily GPA wise, but by having original work published by the time I get my undergrad.  To me, that's huge.  And graduating with honors looks great on a resume.  In a competitive world, it's always good to have something that fantastic on a resume.

So, on that note, I'm spending the rest of the week relaxing before Spring Term starts.  I plan on crocheting, getting a much needed haircut, going to the play my brother's in at the UofU, and hanging out with Megan Moulding.  Unfortunately, I had to go to the doctor today.  Swollen lymph nodes are never fun, especially when they make it hard to breathe.  Still, now that I know what's wrong, I fully plan on taking meds and making sure I enjoy the weekend.  I have to get better anyways, since I refuse to miss class unless I'm too sick to leave the house, which I currently am not.  Speaking of which, that's another high note of this last semester.  I only missed one day of class in two of my classes.  I never missed a day in my other three classes.  I'm usually sick three or four times during a semester, and I only got sick once this semester, so I thought that was awesome.  Overall, semester success.

I got a letter from Savannah Combe, too.  She's awesome, and enjoying her mission.  I knew she would. A girl as exuberant as her will enjoy all that a mission has to offer.  Been gettin' letters from Andrew Schull as well, which is cool.  He's comin' home sometime mid-June.

And to celebrate the end of the semester, I bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, and have already watched all the additional scenes.  I also bought the soundtrack to The Princess and the Frog.  I've been wanting it for awhile now, but never got it.  Worth every penny of the $16 I paid for it.


This is the catchiest tune.  I walk around singing it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment