Sunday, October 16, 2011

We're All Just A Little Bit Racist

I went to a photo scavenger hunt a few weeks ago for FHE.  I made a new friend.  Tommy Crompton.  There were a bunch of fun photos we had to take, and one of them was to take a picture with two people of a different ethnicity.  Tommy and I were asking people on campus if they were of a different ethnicity, and when Tommy asked a guy that passed us, the guy said, "You're so racist!"

I asked Tommy, "Did you hear what he just called you?"

He replied in the affirmative.

I sang, "We're all just a little bit racist. . ."

And he knew the song, and finished the line!  It made my night.  We went around campus singing this.

I actually don't know the words that well, since I hadn't heard the song in a long time, but I had fun, and he put up with my terrible singing.  He's got a good voice.  Turns out Avenue Q is Tommy's favorite musical.  It caught me off guard, because I had previously just thought that he was into sports, and wouldn't know that kind of stuff.  Just goes to show, never judge a book by it's cover.  The more I talk to him, the more I'm finding out we have a lot to talk about.  I've loved that.  It is nice to have someone in my FHE group who I can speak to.  It makes me want to go to FHE.

See, I do have stuff to blog about, I just don't do it as often as I used to.  Maybe I'll designate Sundays for blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment