Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Year Mark

On the week of the 27th, it'll be a year since I left him.  Not since I got my marriage annulled, but since I left.  I think that's worth noting.

I always thought that the one year mark would be a depressing date for me, and that I wouldn't function very well for that entire week.  Ain't gonna happen.

What have I learned from this last year of hell?
  1. I will not tolerate abuse from anyone.
  2. I am worth it, no matter what one person may say.
  3. There's definitely red flags that I'll notice when I start dating again, and avoid the people that I see those markers in.
  4. Being single doesn't mean you're alone, or that you're lonely.
  5. I can't depend on someone else to build my self esteem.  I have to do that myself.
  6. I am intelligent, and not crazy, and I won't let anyone convince me otherwise.
  7. It's okay to cry occasionally (but I still have a thing: you don't cry in front of other people if you can help it).
  8. When you're on the verge of a mental breakdown, ask someone to come over and do something with you.
  9. Exercising is a great way to take your mind off life's troubles.
  10. I can set goals, and I can reach them.
Here's to the one year mark.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I love every one of the 10 things you have learned; it shows what a strong person you are.
    I also love that you said "I always thought that the one year mark would be a depressing date for me, and that I wouldn't function very well for that entire week. Ain't gonna happen", You are awesome for deciding to not let it get you down when it would be so easy to do so.

    ReplyDelete